Sunday, August 26, 2007

DAILY CHILLS CALENDAR

365 DAYS… 365 STORIES… UNDER 365 WORDS…

I am collecting dark, twisted, surreal, and/or bizarre flash fiction, poetry, humour and images. 365 pieces will be selected and placed in a daily “inspiration” style calendar. The submissions I’ve taken so far have been incredible. Some would make Wes Craven cry. They’re coming in from a broad range of sources including, of course, horror writers, experimentalists, absurdists, surrealists, and more.

I’ve moved the book up a few levels from my first vision and have refined the details.

This sucker seems to want to be a hot item. My goal is to see this for sale on big chain bookshelves. I want to bring a taste of some of the worlds most creative fringe writers and artists to the general public. The big stores don’t normally take collections of any kind but they love daybooks and calendars and other “novelty” type items. People eat that stuff up.

-Submissions must be in by late September but RSVP now to show interest.
-All contributors with seven pieces in the book will get 1% of royalties and a short bio at the back.
-All contributors with three pieces will get copy.
-All contributors with one piece get a smile, a handshake, and potential publicity.
-Copyrights remain in artists name and will be printed with each piece.
-Reprints are fine. We're aiming at unexplored audiences where evrything is new.
-When the book is complete I will hand it over to an agent in New York to make the sale.
I am meticulous so will not forward the book until it is perfect, but I do hope to have it together within two months.
-This is not aimed only at current fans and readers of dark fiction, it is to be marketed for everyone.
-This is not going to be an online daily email. This is not to be POD.
-This is not a project aimed at generating money for myself. It would be faster and easier to write 365 one liners myself.
-Consider that some person might read your strange and twisted prose and be so enthralled that they will look your name up and order a copy of your own novel(s)

E-mail submissoins to D.W.Green@rogers.com

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, I sent you an email via this site...

August 30, 2007 at 6:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home